The stained glass windows of Pilgrim Church include the original eighteen Stow Memorial Church windows, eleven re-sited from Pirie Street Methodist Church, plus some later additions.
The additions include the Pilgrim's Progress series of six windows from a church demolished in the north of England. These were purchased to commemorate the 150th anniversaries of the founding Congregational and Methodist Churches in Adelaide in 1837.
The windows commissioned for Pilgrim Church comprise the Uniting Church symbol and three windows by Adelaide artist Cedar Prest. Many Pilgrims do not realise that the Millennium Window in the Eastern transept (a rose window using an abstract design) was not the first work done by Cedar Prest for Pilgrim Church. The anointing of Jesus' feet and Women at the Crucifixion were commissioned in 1990 to flank the Easter morning window from the Pirie Street Church.
For those interested in the stained glass a booklet giving descriptions and background notes on the origin, significance and meaning of all the windows is available from the office.
A browse through the web pages on this site will find many examples in the left hand panel.
Panel left: Women at the Crucifixion - Cedar Prest