- Pilgrim Church is a community of people who have centred their Christian
involvement in the heart of the city. As people are not identical, our patterns of
worship are not identical.
- There are two mid-week services of Holy Communion which are held in the Chapel:
on Tuesday at 8 am and Thursday at 12:15 pm, lasting about 30 minutes max.
These mid-week services are intended for busy people. Please join us for spiritual refreshment
and calm in a bustling city. Optional coffee in the lounge after Tuesday 8am or byo lunch and
relax in the Pilgrim Lounge on Thursday.
The church is accessible for prayer via the Lounge any time during office hours.
- Our major priority is to discover ways we can connect with and relate to people who work
or live in the city area.
- Pilgrim employs a part time Children's worker to work with young children attending our
For more information on children's Christian Education program dates see the
notice on the front page of this website.
- The Pilgrim Choir performs regularly at our 11am service each Sunday and also on
special occasions in the church calendar. It also performs at other venues and can be
booked for weddings.
There is also an ongoing partnership with the St Francis Xavier's Cathedral Choir and the choir
performed at a past Fringe Festival.
Concerts & Recitals
- The church is regularly used by a number of community groups and organisations for
concerts and recitals. Among the regular performers are The Firm and Recitals Australia.
Rev. Sandy Boyce [Deacon]
Rev. Jana Norman [Minister of the Word]
Rev. Dr. Dean Eland [Minister in Association]
- Pilgrim hosts a community of talented musicians, songwriters and composers. Two publications used extensively
by the 9:30am congregation include the work of local composers and writers.
- The Church Office is open weekdays. Contact the office for hall and room bookings, weddings,
publications and general enquiries.
- Our organ is a serious recital instrument rather than merely a large church organ and has
drawn favourable comment from international artists. For details of recitals and performances
contact our office or announcements on our website.
- Pilgrim Church is a part of the Uniting Church
in Australia, which was formed by the Union of Methodist, Congregational and
Presbyterian Churches. Pilgrim Church came into being on the 1st of June, 1969,
when the Pirie Street Methodist Church and Stow Congregational Church united to form one
Revival Gothic - The Architecture
- The present church building is a beautiful example of Revival Gothic, a style
quite rare in South Australia.
- We believe that Social Justice is integral to the Gospel and at the heart of Pilgrim
seeking to be a prophetic voice in the City of Adelaide.
- The stained glass windows of Pilgrim Church include the original Stow Memorial
Church windows (18 of them), those re-sited from Pirie Street Methodist Church (11),
plus some later additions.
- Pilgrim Uniting Church is a favourite location for weddings in the city. Planning ahead is essential.