We are called by God to be a prophetic witness in the city of Adelaide,
so that new life and vitality will be generated in our city and in its people.
We celebrate in our unity and diversity, our shared beliefs and past experiences, and value worship, teaching, creativity and justice.
Our major priority has been to discover ways we can connect with and relate to people who work or live in the city area.
Our mission spheres are :
- Being a community of hospitality - an open and welcoming community to newcomers and people who come to our Lounge for coffee and conversation;
- Sharing our resources - for example, our magnificent organ and church are used by musicians and organists in regular concerts; publicising our resources and activities such as Pancake Day and other Open Days through our web site, and through various media;
- Reaching out to the city - creating an interface for people's involvement in exploring ethical issues, new insights, community consultations, occasional lectures and workshops, and community chaplaincy;
- Upholding a prophetic voice - responding to social justice issues, becoming better informed so we can actively support refugees and asylum seekers through Pilgrim's Circle of Friends.
- Valuing our relationship with the first nations through our connection with the Uniting Aboriginal and Islander Christian Congress
Panel left: The story of the Good Samaritan (The Bible - Luke 10:25-37). One of three panels that depict this story.