We are called by God to be a
Prophetic Witness in the city of Adelaide so that
New Life and Vitality will be generated in our city and in its people.
- Sunday Worship
- Pilgrim Church is a community of people who have centred their Christian involvement in the heart of the city. As people are not identical, our patterns of worship are not identical.
- Mid-Week Worship
There is a mid-week service of Holy Communion
which is held in the Chapel: on Thursdays
at 12:15 pm, lasting about 30 minutes max.
This mid-week service is intended for busy people. Please join us for spiritual refreshment and calm in a bustling city. BYO lunch and relax in the Pilgrim Lounge after the service.
The church is accessible for prayer via the Lounge any time during office hours.
- Children's Ministry
- Pilgrim employs a part time Children's worker to work with young children attending our 11.00amworship service. For more information on our children's Christian Education program which includes the yearly Kid's Camp Out please contact one of the ministers.
- The Pilgrim Choir takes part in our 11am service each Sunday, as well as on other special occasions in the church calendar. The Choir performs a wide range of traditional sacred music from the Renaissance to the 21st century. Highlights of the year include a fully orchestrated Mozart mass for the Easter Day service, and a traditional candle-lit Service of Lessons and Carols for Christmas Eve.
- Concerts & Recitals
- The church is regularly used by a number of community groups and organisations for concerts and recitals. .
Rev. Dr. Greg Elsdon
[Minister of the Word]
- Music Publications
- Pilgrim hosts a community of talented musicians, songwriters and composers. Two publications used extensively by the 9:30am congregation include the work of local composers and writers.
- The Church Office is open weekdays. Contact the office for hall and room bookings, weddings, publications and general enquiries.
- Our organ is a serious recital instrument rather than merely a large church organ and has drawn favourable comment from international artists. For details of recitals and performances contact our office or announcements on our website.
- Our History
- Pilgrim Church is a part of the Uniting Church in Australia, which was formed by the Union of Methodist, Congregational and Presbyterian Churches. Pilgrim Church came into being on the 1st of June, 1969, when the Pirie Street Methodist Church and Stow Congregational Church united to form one congregation.
- Revival Gothic - The Architecture
- The present church building is a beautiful example of Revival Gothic, a style quite rare in South Australia.
- Social Justice
- We believe that Social Justice is integral to the Gospel and at the heart of Pilgrim seeking to be a prophetic voice in the City of Adelaide.
- Stained Glass
- The stained glass windows of Pilgrim Church include the original Stow Memorial Church windows (18 of them), those re-sited from Pirie Street Methodist Church (11), plus some later additions.
- From time to time Pilgrim Uniting Church hosts public symposiums focussing on current social concerns.
- Pilgrim Uniting Church is a favourite location for weddings in the city. Planning ahead is essential.